The Chief Operating Officer (COO) manages the day-to-day operation of assigned support services for the hospital according to established plans, standard operating procedures, and legal and regulatory requirements, while assisting the Chief Executive Officer and the Senior Leadership Council in developing, implementing, and monitoring operating plans, goals, and objectives.
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Masters Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related management field
Experience: Five years experience with health care organizations providing acute care and outpatient services.
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Develops positive relationships with hospital management, the medical staff and other hospital staff.
- Understands political issues in the community and the organization where previously employed.
- Demonstrates strategic vision with sound technical skills and analytical ability.
- Excellent negotiator experienced in contract management
- An ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Possesses high ethical standards and no history of ethics complaints.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and demonstrates skill in sharing information with governing bodies and employees in an appropriate and timely manner.